Aug 18, 2007

BadWare Activist

Malware or badware or whatever you want to call it, so another Blog?

I and millions of others (yes millions!) have been "burgled", yes that is the right word, and these burglars have either:

  • Come onto my property without permission and attempted to steal or maybe have stolen for all I know.
  • Thought it is OK to sell me a product or service and then also steal or attempt to steal.
  • Initially as an invited guest, but without my permission or even the courtesy to ask, plant a bug which is designed to spy and then ultimately steal from me.

This has wasted my valuable time and cost me a lot of money over the years. So I am going to stop being an ongoing victim, get the real answers many of us Internet an PC users are looking for. For example who can you even report this crime to or will take action? I want to really find the answers, whistle blow on the burglars and badly behaved guests. Do something about it and encourage others that will.


This Blog, is not associated with any vested commercial interest:

  • It "is" a place which will not be pretty or diplomatic, it is in layman’s terms going to question, point fingers, get and provide answers, and seek justice.
  • It "is" a record and resource of firstly how to find out if you have been burgled, see some of the burglars tools, and what to do about Malware - Badware or whatever is the current flavor of the month key word, you discover lurking there.
  • It "is" a place where the question is asked, with hopefully some answers, not only about how to remove or fix malware / badware. It is about how to proactively prevent it, or even more importantly find out and get back at whoever sent it you.
  • It "is" a place where there will be a debate on the industry ethics and philosophy on the cause to this disease.
  • It "is not" a place for selling or reselling; but if you know of the latest gadget / tool as a solution that "really works" then provide advice.

Well, not just as a good sound bite "the more I know the less I understand" about malware, badware, hacks, viruses, spyware, or the myriad of other terms. As someone who is supposed to have reasonable expertise on all of this, the more in depth I have researched the who and why, the more I have realized we are all missing the point. Of the more recent discoveries, ongoing research, forensic analysis, and information passed to me, has already revealed some surprising if not disturbing answers, that is another reason to use this blog, to avoid some of the vested interest.

You a victim as well? Got some answers? Then add a comment, add your frustration, try and tell us there is no problem, provide advice, let us whistle blow on the; who and why.

No comments: